From: Saket Sathe <saket@××××××××××.in>
To: "Michael J. E. Swift" <Michael.J.E.Swift@×××××××××.EDU>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Booting problem
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 12:50:32
1 Hi Michael,
2 I recompiled my kernel and now it's booting cleanly :)
3 What all file system modules have u compiled within your kernel ?
4 If you are using a file system for which there is no module present in
5 the kernel then you might get the "restarting system" error. I found out
6 that I was using ext3 but I'd no module compiled for it within the
7 kernel.. I rectified this mistake and compiled the kernel again and now
8 its fine..
9
10 Thanks,
11 Saket