From: Louis Hey <cnt5@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xorg not working.
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:59:16
1 darren kirby wrote:
2 > Yeah well, me again. Seems I'm the only one having trouble with PPC these
3 > days.
4 >
5 > I got Xorg 7.1, fluxbox, and KDE installed. After creating an xorg.conf with
6 > Xorgautoconfig I quickly realized I indeed had the problem hinted at re: VGA
7 > BIOS. So I ~ppc64 keyworded xf86-video-ati and emerged version 6.6.3 which
8 > applies the patch that was also hinted at. The results are identical however.
9 > X starts and is running, as is fluxbox, but there is nothing on my screen.
10 > The only difference is that this time the power LED on my montor goes out
11 > when I start X, whereas before it stayed on.
12 >
13 > Also, there is a difference in Xorg.0.log: X now seems to think that I have a
14 > second CRT monitor attached!?
15 >
16 > (II) RADEON(0): Primary:
17 > Monitor -- TMDS
18 > Connector -- DVI-D
19 > DAC Type -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
20 > TMDS Type -- Internal
21 > DDC Type -- DVI_DDC
22 > (II) RADEON(0): Secondary:
23 > Monitor -- CRT
24 > Connector -- VGA
25 > DAC Type -- Primary
26 > TMDS Type -- External
27 > DDC Type -- VGA_DDC
28 >
29 > I have tried with the default xorg.conf that was generated, and I tried all
30 > manner of tweaks that I gleamed from gentoo-wiki, "man xorg.conf", and "man
31 > radeon". I have tried commenting and uncommenting individual "Options" from
32 > xorg.conf but the result is always the same.
33 >
34 > I have tried dropping down to 16 bit color depth and down to 1600x1024
35 > resolution, with no joy.
36 >
37 > Can anyone even confirm that they have gotten an 23" cinema display and a
38 > radeon 9600 to work with Xorg? I would _really_ love to see your xorg.conf if
39 > you have.
40 >
41 > I don't know what else to say. There are no errors in my log (though there are
42 > some warnings). If you want/need further information just let me know...
43 >
44 > I have posted the log and my current conf file in my webspace:
45 > http://badcomputer.org/xorg.conf.txt
46 > http://badcomputer.org/xorg.log.txt
47 >
48 > xorg-x11-7.1
49 > mesa-6.5-r3
50 > xf86-video-ati-6.6.3
51 >
52 > PowerMac G5 2x 2.0GHz
53 > Ati Radeon 9600
54 > 23" Apple Cinema Display
55 >
56 > I would appreciate any ideas.
57 >
58 > -d
59 >
60 Try Xorgconfig auto will not work for my mac I have Dual 1.8 17 Studio
61 also check the video ram amount That has helped to get X running fine
62 every time
63
64 Good Luck
65 --