From: Mike S <michael_six@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Conflicting packages?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:35:26
Mike S wrote:

> I think I may have made a boo boo when I first emerged the system and > it was carried over when I did the emerge world. > > In my Desktop menu on the gnome desktop I have a settings option. > Contained in this is Desktop, Document Handlers, Multimedia, > Peripherals, File types and programs, and Gnome Control Center. This > would generally not be a bad thing, I would think, except every one of > these options bring me to a window that says gnome control center, but > does not look like the "real" gnome control center that you get when > you go to Applications > Settings > Gnome Control Center, which brings > up a window titled Desktop Preferences. Searching control-center in > porthole I have 2.10.1-r1 installed under slot 2 and 1.4.0.5-r1 > installed under slot 1. My guess is that these are conflicting. > > Am I right in guessing this, and if so doesn anyone know how to fix this? > > --Mike S
As an update to this I figured out that that old control-center does do something, but I never noticed before because until now I never had anything built on gtk1, now I just built gtk-gnutella on gtk1 So thanks, but I would still like to know if they should be able to co-exist together without conflicting. --Mike S -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list