From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: moorem@××××××××.edu
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] LiveCD + 10.3.3 Firmware?
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:49:46
1 On 09 Apr 2004, at 17:20, moorem@××××××××.edu wrote:
2
3 > I have a brand new 12" Powerbook that I'm just dying to put Gentoo on,
4 > but my
5 > live CD freezes when trying to mount /proc. I'm guessing this is an
6 > issue with
7 > the Mac OS X 10.3.3 firmware, but perhaps not... Anyone have any luck,
8 > a
9 > solution, or a suggestion? I'm using the 2004.0 Minimal Live CD.
10
11 It's a known issue with the benh kernel. I thought 2.6.5_rc2-benh1
12 would solve this but the latest experimental iso
13 (http://www.gentoo.org/~pvdabeel/) also has the problem.
14 Apparently vanilla kernels do not have this issue. A working one will
15 be available soon. I'll post to this list when it is. +- 12 hours eta
18 > Thanks!
19 >
20 > -Michael Moore
21 >