From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Booting Gentoo 2006.1 on an iMac
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:38:01
Hello,

I am having trouble while installing 2006.1 on my iMac. I have made
other installations before, but never had this problem.
I am using the Universal ppc disk, and I have followed strictly all the
steps in the 2006.1 handbook. I have not made any modules, everything is
in the kernel.

What happens is that, on the final reboot, I see 10 or 15 lines of text
(is that the Open Firmware part?) that disappear immediately. Then there
is nothing, and I have to cut the power to go on.

I have also made a more complete version of yaboot.conf with macos,
macosx, etc. Then the bootloader shows these options (ignores
enablecdboot and enableofboot, though). Typing x for macosx
starts it normally, but l for linux fails as described above.

This is done without an Internet connexion. I haven't got one yet
because my new modem is a Speedtouch 510v5 Ethernet type, which works
very well with osx, but is notoriously troublesome with Linux (but this
is another affair).

I should be grateful for any hints.

Charles