From: Nicholas S-A <nova@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problems booting...still
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:21:49
I am using Gentoo PPC 2005.1 stage 3 install. I do not know what a
profile is (same as stage?) /dev/hda7 is an ext3 partition, not ext2. I
also found out that when I boot off the CD and mount my partition, it
says that the check timed out (or something along those lines) and I
should run e2check( or something. The computer is not here right now).
when I ran it before, it found some problems which I told it too
correct, and it mounted the partition fine. I am almost sure that I say
in fstab that it was ext3 (NOT ext2), since I copied it from the
install guide and that said EXT3, but I could have typed it wrong.
However, I don't think that is it. I will check tomorrow.
Would simply not using initrd and just straight booting help anything?
nick