From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] yaboot has kicked my butt - 5 times?!
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:45:35
Hi Joe, OK, I finished the emerge -e @world. No changes. Still doesn't boot. I've put the append="init=/bin/bash" back in and booted. I'm at the console and this is confusing. It seems that /dev/hda4 is probably mounted. I can do ls -al / I see all the stuff I'd expect to see - /bin, /boot, etc. - and also the two downloads necessary to do the install - portage-latest.tar.bz2 & stage3-ppc-20100919.tar.bz2 - so I must be looking at the right physical hard drive. However even though I see that stuff simple commands like df don't work yielding something like this: (none)/ #df df: cannot read table of mounted file systems: No such file or directory Additionally, there is nothing at all under /proc. It's empty! Cheers, Mark