From: Samuel Iglesias Gonsalvez <samuel_ig@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] how do I tell my PCMCIA wifi card on iBook G3 800MHz
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:21:46
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:20:00 +0800
zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:

> I can use wireless with wireless-tools fine, with no configuration at > all (no configuration: I don't even need to add a single line to > /etc/conf.d/net in order to use it). > > However wireless-tools doesn't support WPA which I sometimes use. I > have installed wpa_supplicants but having read the WPA need user > specify which driver to use for it. > > In order to know which driver to use I first need to know what > hardware I have. However lspci does not list my wifi device (nor > lsusb). But the devices does exist because I can surf the Internet > with it. > > Where do I start from here? >
Have you followed the gentoo documentation? [0] I use Airport Extreme as wireless network card, I run this command to connect to my wifi network: wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf As you can see, the driver option in wpa_supplicant is wext. I think you can use the same option. [0] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?style=printable&part=4&chap=4