From: Samuel Iglesias Gonsalvez <samuel_ig@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] how do I tell my PCMCIA wifi card on iBook G3 800MHz
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:21:46
1 On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:20:00 +0800
2 zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > I can use wireless with wireless-tools fine, with no configuration at
5 > all (no configuration: I don't even need to add a single line to
6 > /etc/conf.d/net in order to use it).
7 >
8 > However wireless-tools doesn't support WPA which I sometimes use. I
9 > have installed wpa_supplicants but having read the WPA need user
10 > specify which driver to use for it.
11 >
12 > In order to know which driver to use I first need to know what
13 > hardware I have. However lspci does not list my wifi device (nor
14 > lsusb). But the devices does exist because I can surf the Internet
15 > with it.
16 >
17 > Where do I start from here?
20 Have you followed the gentoo documentation? [0]
21
22 I use Airport Extreme as wireless network card, I run this command to
23 connect to my wifi network:
24
25 wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
26
27 As you can see, the driver option in wpa_supplicant is wext. I think you
28 can use the same option.
29
30 [0]
31 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?style=printable&part=4&chap=4