From: David Chamberlain <daybird@g.o>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] vnc
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 18:52:31
1 Hi Derek,
2
3 there are i386 settings in the vnc ebuild. It's on my todo list, and
4 I'll move it to the top of the list, unless someone else wants to claim it.
5 I don't know what the problem would be with tightvnc. You could try
6 recompiling with lower optimisation (i.e. change CFLAGS in
7 /etc/make.conf or export the setting at time of build).
8
9 David
10
11 Derek Greentree wrote:
12
13 >Hi all,
14 > I've tried this with tightvnc and regular vnc ebuilds: I emerge
15 >(tight)vnc, and after tweaking the font path settings, I got vncserver
16 >to launch an actual Xvnc process that wouldn't die. However, I'm having
17 >2 problems:
18 > I'd like to use fluxbox, and if I put that in my .vnc/xstartup file,
19 >if I start anything else in that file (like gkrellm or panel), the Xvnc
20 >process will die. It has to be fluxbox, and only fluxbox.
21 > Secondly, when I connect from another box using vncviewer (on
22 >Windows), colors are all messed up, and things don't redraw properly. I
23 >was wondering if anyone else had this problem. My machine's a pismo
24 >Powerbook.
25 >
26 >Thanks,
27 >Derek Greentree