From: Joerg Gollnick <gentoo102004@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] mounting USB flash disk
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:36:14
1 Hello Nick,
2 I checked your syslog-ng.conf. The only difference is logging to /dev/console
3 instead of /dev/tty12. Just give it a try.
4 I suggest to solve the problems in the order as they appear while booting.
5 So first of all you need an working syslog-ng.
6 I installed version 1.6.8-r1 with default syslog-ng.conf.
7 Please try syslog-ng -s /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf;echo $?
8 to check your config file.
9
10 After this please check your hotplug config:
11 cat /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
12 It should be /sbin/udevsend.
13
14 To find out what goes wrong you should make an lsusb which is provided by
15 sys-apps/usbutils.
16
17 Best regards Joerg
18