From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] XOrg upgrade problems
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 23:40:11
The recent xorg upgrade has basically disabled my desktop. Im using an
aging G3 Mac (Blue & White) with an ATi Rage 128 card and have spent a
long time going through upgrade guides and Googling. Yes,Ive rebuilt my
drivers. Yes I have the hal USE flag enabled. Yes, my input device is set
as per the upgrade guide.

The error with my old config is the "R128(0): Failed to open framebuffer"
error. I also tried rebuilding my xorg.conf and also tried removing it
entirely to see if autodetection would work (it didn't).

So, does anyone have a sane working xorg.conf file for G3 PPC machines?