From: nova@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problems booting...still
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:05:08
1 I have attached fstab. It has the paritions configured with root =
2 /dev/dha7 ext3, which is correct. I ran the e2fsck (because it said that
3 is had been over 12000 days since the last test, due to not resetting the
4 clock), and it reported no problems, 1.1% fragmentation.
5 What should I be using instead of devfs?
6 > nova@×××××××××××××.com wrote:
7 >> OK, I didn't have the devfs loaded into the kernel, so the new version
8 >> boots past that point. However, the boot stops when it tries to load
9 >> the root filesystem.
10 >
11 > You shouldn't use devfs. It's obsolete. Which liveCD / stage are you
12 > installing from? Which profile are you using?
13 >
14 >> warning, no fsck.ext3 found.
15 >> Error: mounting an ext2 partition failed on /dev/hda7 (a little
16 >> different wording), Bad superblock, etc
17 >> type cntrl-D to cancel, or enter root passwd to fix:
18 >> and it is frozen (no keyboard recognised)
19 >> There is a copy of fsck.ext3 on /sbin/, so I think that it is not in
20 >> the initrd. Any ideas on how to fix this?
21 >
22 > Is /dev/hda7 an ext2 partition? Are you sure you have your partition
23 > numbering right and that your fstab reflects your partition layout?
24 >
25 > -Joe
26 > --
27 > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list
28 could this be caused by my PRAM battery being DEAD (is says the year is 1904)
29 thanks,
30 nick
31 Also, I configured in both EXT2 and EXT3 kernel support...

fstab text/plain