From: nova@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problems booting...still
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:05:08
I have attached fstab. It has the paritions configured with root =
/dev/dha7 ext3, which is correct. I ran the e2fsck (because it said that
is had been over 12000 days since the last test, due to not resetting the
clock), and it reported no problems, 1.1% fragmentation.
What should I be using instead of devfs?
> nova@×××××××××××××.com wrote: >> OK, I didn't have the devfs loaded into the kernel, so the new version >> boots past that point. However, the boot stops when it tries to load >> the root filesystem. > > You shouldn't use devfs. It's obsolete. Which liveCD / stage are you > installing from? Which profile are you using? > >> warning, no fsck.ext3 found. >> Error: mounting an ext2 partition failed on /dev/hda7 (a little >> different wording), Bad superblock, etc >> type cntrl-D to cancel, or enter root passwd to fix: >> and it is frozen (no keyboard recognised) >> There is a copy of fsck.ext3 on /sbin/, so I think that it is not in >> the initrd. Any ideas on how to fix this? > > Is /dev/hda7 an ext2 partition? Are you sure you have your partition > numbering right and that your fstab reflects your partition layout? > > -Joe > -- > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list
could this be caused by my PRAM battery being DEAD (is says the year is 1904) thanks, nick Also, I configured in both EXT2 and EXT3 kernel support...

fstab text/plain