From: "Bartosz Zaród" <Bartosz@×××××.pl>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] date and time set to April 1976
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:00:16
On 2006-02-14, at 20:19, Y-Lan Boureau wrote:

> Thanks everyone :-)) > > My system date is back to 2006 ! > > Cheers, > > Y-Lan
Having a dead battery, system clock resets to it's initial value only when I: 1. Turn off the power 2. Plug off power cord for a while, i.e. when I take the computer to a different location. 5 minutes is enough. Simple restart is not enough. System clock is running like the circuit that lets to turn on machine "softly" - with power button on the keyboard. If you use oldworld machine and need to boot the old Mac OS system before running BootX, you can expect the machine to "forget" where is the startup volume too. With these information you should quickly find if battery needs to be replaced. Regards Bartek -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list