From: "David Bélanger" <dbelan2@×××××××××.ca>
To: Meredith Shepherd <mshepherd@×××××××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] alsa sound problem
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:15:56
1 On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 04:13:28PM -0400, Meredith Shepherd wrote:
2 > First off, I'm running gentoo linux (kernel version 2.6) on a 900mhz
3 > iBook, installed from a stage 3 2004.0 tarball. I installed alsa
4 > according to the guide on gentoo.com, but devfs is not creating
5 > /dev/mixer, and I can't figure out why. Any ideas? What files should I
6 > post?
7 > Thanks,
8 > Meredith
11 Did you check if the modules get loaded? Some /dev/* files are added
12 only when the module is loaded. The sound related module is something
13 like dmacsound and maybe others. I'm not currently on my iBook so I
14 cannot check for exact things to do...
15
16 David
17
18 ---