From: Mike S <michael_six@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] $PATH?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:19:18
Neil Bothwick wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:36:03 -0700, Mike S wrote: > > > >>I think I have a problem with python or something. I ran java-config, >>and that did nothing. I used some options the next time I ran it and I >>got some python errors. >> >> > >It might be helpful if you told us which options you used and the errors >it gave. > > > >
Didn't really want to bother asking for help, from what I have seen on this lists there is not a lot of traffic here, which leads me to believe one of 3 things A. People have better things to do, B. People don't have problems or C. Not many use Gentoo on the mac, All of these possibilities seem plausible, and the silence intimidating. But here's what you asked for: java-config > Nothing happened java-config -o > Prints an empty space where output should be java-config -J > Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/java-config", line 123, in ? run(option_list) File "/usr/bin/java-config", line 41, in run func(args) File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/java_config/jc_options.py", line 199, in __call__ print find_exec('java') File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/java_config/jc_util.py", line 99, in find_exec exec_0 = jh+'/bin/'+exe TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str' java-config -c > same as above java-config -O > same java-config -v > same I didn't even bother running the rest because I noticed a pattern, I either have something not set up right (most likely) or something emerged wrong (also possible) I would appreciate as always any help, but not a top priority for me yet, I managed to figure out the USE flags to get gtk-gnutella to build on gtk1 which actually gave me a gtk-gnutella program. Building it with no flags it didn't produce a program, and the only notable difference I could see was that it linked on GTK1 this time instead of GTK2 I did add /opt/ibm-jre-bin-1.4.2/bin to my $PATH via a line in ~/.bashrc and started limewire on the terminal, and the output I get is: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Initializer). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly. this to me meant that that one line for my PATH won't cut it. Am I correct? --Mike S -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list