From: Mike S <michael_six@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] $PATH?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:19:18
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:36:03 -0700, Mike S wrote:
7 >>I think I have a problem with python or something. I ran java-config,
8 >>and that did nothing. I used some options the next time I ran it and I
9 >>got some python errors.
13 >It might be helpful if you told us which options you used and the errors
14 >it gave.
19 Didn't really want to bother asking for help, from what I have seen on
20 this lists there is not a lot of traffic here, which leads me to believe
21 one of 3 things A. People have better things to do, B. People don't
22 have problems or C. Not many use Gentoo on the mac, All of these
23 possibilities seem plausible, and the silence intimidating.
24
25 But here's what you asked for:
26
27 java-config > Nothing happened
28 java-config -o > Prints an empty space where output should be
29 java-config -J >
30 Traceback (most recent call last):
31 File "/usr/bin/java-config", line 123, in ?
32 run(option_list)
33 File "/usr/bin/java-config", line 41, in run
34 func(args)
35 File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/java_config/jc_options.py",
36 line 199, in __call__
37 print find_exec('java')
38 File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/java_config/jc_util.py", line
39 99, in find_exec
40 exec_0 = jh+'/bin/'+exe
41 TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
42 java-config -c > same as above
43 java-config -O > same
44 java-config -v > same
45
46 I didn't even bother running the rest because I noticed a pattern, I
47 either have something not set up right (most likely) or something
48 emerged wrong (also possible)
49
50 I would appreciate as always any help, but not a top priority for me
51 yet, I managed to figure out the USE flags to get gtk-gnutella to build
52 on gtk1 which actually gave me a gtk-gnutella program. Building it with
53 no flags it didn't produce a program, and the only notable difference I
54 could see was that it linked on GTK1 this time instead of GTK2
55
56 I did add /opt/ibm-jre-bin-1.4.2/bin to my $PATH via a line in ~/.bashrc
57 and started limewire on the terminal, and the output I get is:
58
59 log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
60 (com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Initializer).
61 log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
62
63 this to me meant that that one line for my PATH won't cut it. Am I correct?
64
65 --Mike S
66 --
67 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list