From: Jim Bailey <jim@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] default-ppc-2.0?
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:58:04
1 Hi,
2
3 sorry if I have missed the bug report for this but I am pressed for time
4 and haven't given the archives a complete search.
5
6 My problem is this;
7
8 I am currently rebuilding my iBook2 to take advantage of MOL and LVM.
9 During the initial stage 1 bootstrap I found I was unable to emerge the
10 necessary packages because the sym link to pointed to
11 /usr/portage/profiles/default-ppc-2.0 a directory that did not exist.
12 this happened a few weeks ago after an emerge -u world.
13
14 In both cases I created a new sym link to
15 /usr/portage/profiles/default-ppc-1.4 directory. Which seem to have
16 solved the problem in both cases.
17
18 My questions are, firstly have my actions caused troubles to be stored
19 up for later or is this an acceptable work around.
20
21 Second, could some one explain to me what happened in the first place or
22 kindly point me to the relevant documentation regarding this.
23
24 Thirdly, if this is not a bug could some one kindly point out what I
25 have done wrong in order get such problems in the first place.
26
27 I hope I have supplied enough inforamtion for you and may I add that I
28 find Gentoo to be on the whole a great distribution.
29
30 Peace Jim
33 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list