From: Guy Yasko <gyasko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Linux installed from 2005.1 disk does not start
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:18:02
1 On 6.10.2005, Charles Trois stated:
2
3 > Joseph Jezak a écrit :
4 > > If Mackael's suggestion doesn't help, let's try with nvidiafb and a
5 > > newer kernel:
6 >
7 > It did not help, causing a kernel panic that I couldn't resolve.
8 > > Give 2.6.14 a try (there are some release canidates for vanilla
9 > > sources), apply this patch:
10 > > http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2005-October/019957.html
11 > > and then try nvidiafb.
12 > >
13 > I have downloaded linux-2.6.14-rc3, but was unable to apply the patch: I
14 > put it within /linux and wrote
15 > patch --verbose -p1 < Patch_nvidiafb
16 > Is that not correct? It failed on 5 hunks out of 5.
17
18 That looks right, but did you clean out the directory beforehand? I
19 ask because the same thing happened to me. Everything worked when I
20 ran "make clean" in /usr/src/linux before patching.
21
22 Unfortunately, the patch didn't help, and the kernels i compiled won't
23 boot any more than those compiled with the unpatched 2.6.14-rc3 do.
26 Guy Yasko -- gyasko@×××××.com
29 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list