From: Guy Yasko <gyasko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Linux installed from 2005.1 disk does not start
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:18:02
On 6.10.2005, Charles Trois stated:

> Joseph Jezak a écrit : > > If Mackael's suggestion doesn't help, let's try with nvidiafb and a > > newer kernel: > > It did not help, causing a kernel panic that I couldn't resolve. > > Give 2.6.14 a try (there are some release canidates for vanilla > > sources), apply this patch: > > http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2005-October/019957.html > > and then try nvidiafb. > > > I have downloaded linux-2.6.14-rc3, but was unable to apply the patch: I > put it within /linux and wrote > patch --verbose -p1 < Patch_nvidiafb > Is that not correct? It failed on 5 hunks out of 5.
That looks right, but did you clean out the directory beforehand? I ask because the same thing happened to me. Everything worked when I ran "make clean" in /usr/src/linux before patching. Unfortunately, the patch didn't help, and the kernels i compiled won't boot any more than those compiled with the unpatched 2.6.14-rc3 do. -- Guy Yasko -- gyasko@×××××.com -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list