From: "David Bélanger" <dbelan2@×××××××××.ca>
To: Carsten Ruecker <logic747@×××.net>
Cc: jaspal.kallar.gen@×××××.se, gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] tilde, pipe and other keys on powerbook
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 18:55:28
1 On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 08:20:24PM +0200, Carsten Ruecker wrote:
2 > jaspal.kallar.gen@×××××.se wrote:
5 > > On Thu, 27 May 2004, Carsten Ruecker wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> i'm trying to get my Powerbook G4 Titanium keyboard to produce characters
8 > >> like ~|{}[]. So far it didn't work out. Can anybody help?
9 >
10 > > Ok, which language do you require for your keyboard and what is the value
11 > of
12 > > KEYMAP in /etc/rc.conf ?
13 >
14 > well, the language required is german, so my rc.config says
15 > KEYMAP="de-latin1". That's ok as the umlauts etc. are mapped correctly, but
16 > special keys like the previously mentioned ones are not available. On the
17 > MacOSX german keyboard one was required to press something like alt-7 to get
18 > a pipe-character and alt-n for a tilde, but this doesn't work on Gentoo with
19 > my current settings. I also tried to load mac-de-latin1 as keymap, which
20 > rendered my keyboard completely unusable.
23 Hi,
24
25 I used xmodmap to map the numpad ENTER key of my iBook to Alt-ch which
26 is like your alt but for the French Canadian keyboard.
27
28 If you can use some program to get the keycode, I could give you the
29 details in a few hours when I will have access to my iBook.
30
31 It would be some command like:
32 xmodmap -e 'keycode CODE = SYMNAME'
33 CODE goes for the Alt keycode for your keyboard. You can find it with:
34 showkey
35 and pressing the key.
36
37 SYMNAME - I don't remember the name... Will sent it later.
38
39 David
40
41 ---