From: Darren Kirby <bulliver@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] RE: Installing Gentoo on a Powermac G5
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 23:12:17
Note: Sorry if this shows up twice, but both my responses (to David
and Joseph) seem to have been lost in a black hole...

quoth the David Gurvich:
> The video should not be a big problem. If you are going to use xorg-7.1, > make sure to apply the patch to the ati driver. I could not get xorg.conf > set up correctly, until Xorgautoconfig gave me a starting point.
I imagine I will use 7.0. Is putting: VIDEO_CARDS="radeon" in make.conf enough to get the drivers I need? Sorry for the stupid questions, but all my x86 boxes have nVidia cards, and I have never used an ATI card with Linux...