From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo ppc - still supported?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:08:42
On 08/25/10 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I was going to download a new iso today. My old PowerPC Mac Mini needs > to be rebuilt and it's so far out of date I figured I'd just do it > from scratch. Anyway, it seems that all the other architectures have > fairly recent iso image dates while the PowerPC seems to be a year > old. > > http://mirrors.kernel.org/gentoo/releases/ppc/autobuilds/current-iso/ > > Or maybe this is just a date problem on the files or something. > > - Mark > >
No, it's my fault. I've been meaning to fix the autobuilds for PowerPC, but I completely forgot that they were broken. I'll look into it this weekend. The hardware hasn't really changed much though, it should be fine to boot with the latest CD there and use the current stage to install. The stages themselves should be up to date. -Joe