From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] X on an older PPC-based Mac Mini?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:58:56
1 On Fri, 22 May 2009, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Are there any known issues setting up X with xorgconfig on a older
4 > Mac Mini? I've done it more or less like I do on my x86 machines. I
5 > can use startx and see things (xterm, xclock, etc.) in 'top' but I
6 > only get a black screen. There are no error messages in the X log
7 > file. I've tried two monitors. Same results on both.
8 >
9 > In make.cong I've got VIDEO_CARDS="radeon fbdev".
10 >
11 > What about hal? Is that only x86?
12 >
13 > Maybe someone with a similar first round Mac Mini has a known-good
14 > config file?
15 >
16 > I'm really a noob on this platform, but have used Gentoo for quite
17 > awhile. I'm not sure what info to provide so let me know what you need
18 > and I'll get it quickly.
19
20 I have a similar problem.
21
22 I did have XFCE running quite happily on an old G3 (Blue&White) PowerMac,
23 but the recent X server upgrades have borked that up completely. Ive
24 followed the upgrade guides without getting anywhere. Im looking for a X
25 config file too.
26
27 Doesn't seem to be much traffic on this list though...
32 A