From: "Kener
To: "'gentoo-newbies@g.o'" <gentoo-newbies@g.o>, "'gentooppc-user@g.o'" <gentooppc-user@g.o>
Subject: [gentooppc-user] emerge errors
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 11:36:31
1 I have been getting errors whenever I run emerge. My setup is as follows.
2 I have a tiBook 500 running Mandrake 8.2. I set up a dedicated partition
3 for gentoo, and as my internal dvd doesn't work i can only boot off of an
4 external firewire cdrom. The gentoo iso would not boot, so i untarred the
5 .tbz2 file into the partition, /mnt/gentoo, and proceeded from there. When
6 i run "emerge rsync" i get the following error:
7
8 >>> starting rsync with rsync://sunsite.dk/gentooppc/portage...
9 bash: mc: line 2: unexpected EOF while looking for matching "'
10 bash: mc: line 4: syntax error: unexpected end of file
11 bash: error importing function definition for 'mc'
12
13 I have followed all the instructions in the guide, and it seems to work, but
14 i eventually get a lot of compile errors.
15 If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I'd appreciate any input. Thanks :)
16