From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Cc: josejx@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Linux installed from 2005.1 disk does not start
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:58:19
Mickael Royer a écrit :
> I see you have "CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA=y" in your .config file. Wrong !, you must > have : "CONFIG_FB_RIVA=y" and "CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA is not set".
Thanks Mickael! I have done what you say, and there is a little progress; I now have this error message: VFS: Cannot open root device "hda15" or unknown-block(0,0) Please append a correct "root=" boot option Kernel panic - not syncing:VFS:unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0) Rebooting in 180 seconds I don't see what that means. "root=/dev/hda15" is already written in /etc/yaboot.conf. Where should I put it again? Charles -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list