From: Phil Cryer <phil@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo 1-4.rc7 LiveCD on a 350Mhz iMac - X trouble
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:08:31
1 I downloaded and burned the live GentooPPC with Gnome. Tried it out on my
2 daughters 350Mhz (slot loading) iMac with 512Megs RAM. Disk boots up fine and
3 get's into Gentoo (so nice to see on her little iMac), but once I get done
4 running Xeasyconf, I can't get X running. No screens found regardless of how
5 many times I try/retry to configure the video. Does anyone have this running?
6 What settings were used?
7
8 It's very exciting to have this option, should be fun to start mailing my
9 Maconly friends some cdrs with this for them to try out. I'm planning on trying
10 it out here at work today on a dual 800 box too.
11
12 Thanks
13 P
16 http://lefttochance.com/