From: nova@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] mounting USB flash disk
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:08:14
> I am on a powerbook G4 800mhz and it is >> plugged into the back of the computer (port 2). Does anyone know how >> to solve this problem? >> thanks >> nick > > First, next time, please start a new thread instead of replying to an > existing one. > > That said, you'll have to provide more information. Can you give us the > kernel messages from dmesg related to the USB stick? Are you sure you > have USB disk support and generic scsi disk support in your kernel? > > -Joe > -- > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list
Sorry about replying instead of starting again. Are there any just-X11 browsers besides links -g that I can use? Whenever I press the back arrow it goes back and deletes the email I was writing. Anyway, the only messages in dmesg (I do not know why) are keypress events!?! I used to be informative, but now all it has are keypresses... I have SCSI support, and USB mass storage (with all sub-options) compiled-in. Do I need to add support for SCSI disks, CDROMS, generic devices, etc in order for USB versions of those to work? Thanks, nick -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list