From: alexander klosch <linux-lists@×××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] x86 emu on ppc
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:05:29
1 On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:06:54 +0100
2 Rod Furey <rod@×××××××××××××.nl> wrote:
3
4 > On Mar 17, 2004, at 12:30 PM, alexander klosch wrote:
5 >
6 > > hi,
7 > >
8 > > did some of u ever successful emulate x86 plattform on ppc?
9 > > for example to run cisco vpnclient, which is available for linux but
10 > >
11 > > not
12 > > ppc inside an emulation?
13 > > which products u tried, which aren't worth to touch coz of depending
14 > > on x86 hardware like wine?
15 >
16 > Bochs is pretty good at emulating an x86 machine. I've used it under
17 > Mac OS X for various things.
18
19 yes, I'm trying right now with under gentoo.
20 but its damn slow .. how was ur experience under mac os?
21
22 regards,
23 kloschi
26 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list