From: Alessandro Di Rubbo <liquidgnome@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] How to come back to Mac OS?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:32:01
1 Hello to everyone,
2 I've got an Apple iBook (Dual USB) with a Gentoo installation on it,
3 but now I'm going to sell it and I would restore the original situation,
4 installing Mac OS 9 and/or Mac OS X.
5 When I installed Gentoo, I deleted every partion related to Mac OS
6 because I didn't need them, so now I have only the Apple_partion_map,
7 the Apple_Bootstrap (where is Yaboot) and an empty partition (I've
8 already removed my old Gentoo partitions).
9 I've tried to insert the Mac OS X (v 10.0.1) but the installer is not
10 able to find any partion (hd): what can I do? Thank you very much for
11 your help, in advance.
12
13 Alessandro
14 --