From: karl wettin <kalle@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] a bunch of problems i got when updating my ibook
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:22:43
1 On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:10:47 +0200
2 karl wettin <kalle@××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:40:40 +1000
5 > Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Seeing as how you have java installed, your firefox problems are
8 > > probably being caused by the java plugin, which isn't compatible
9 > > with newer versions of mozilla/firefox. Remove the plugin and see
10 > > if that fixes your problem. There currently is no Java plugin
11 > > available for PPC.
12 >
13 > I'm not sure what would be the java-plugin, or if it's even installed:
14 >
15 > root@limax mozilla # pwd
16 > /usr/lib/mozilla
17
18 Oups!
19
20 root@limax mozilla # cd /usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/
21 root@limax MozillaFirefox # ls
22 bloaturls.txt extensions init.d libnspr4.so
23 libsoftokn3.chk LICENSE regchrome TestGtkEmbed
24 chrome firefox libgkgfx.so libnss3.so
25 libsoftokn3.so mangle regxpcom xpcshell
26 components firefox-bin libgtkembedmoz.so libnssckbi.so
27 libssl3.so mozilla-xremote-client res xpicleanup
28 components.ini firefox-config libgtkxtbin.so libplc4.so
29 libxpcom_compat.so nsinstall run-mozilla.sh xpidl
30 defaults greprefs libjsj.so libplds4.so
31 libxpcom.so plugins searchplugins xpt_dump
32 elf-dynstr-gc icons libmozjs.so libsmime3.so
33 libxpistub.so README.txt shlibsign xpt_link
34 root@limax MozillaFirefox # cd plugins/
35 root@limax plugins # ls
36 libnullplugin.so
41 karl