From: Mike S <michael_six@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Panel?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:58:53
1 The more I use gentoo the more I think I did something(s) wrong. When I
2 log into gnome every time I get a message stating something like "I have
3 detected a panel already running. Exiting now" The only guess I had
4 was I had more than one gnome-panel installed, but no, I do not
5
6 Next is xscreensaver. I don't know where the menu item for it went, I
7 used to have it. but I read the man page and found the command
8 xscreensaver-demo, which brought up the gui for it. However when I
9 tried to adjust the time it took for my screen to blank out, (since I
10 can not get it to come back on sometimes) my screen blanked and my
11 keyboard became unresponsive. By this I mean I had just put num lock on
12 and the light for it was on and wouldn't turn off. I tried caps lock,
13 and that was off and wouldn't go on.
14
15 So I hit the reset button and started up and ran xscreensaver-demo
16 again, but this time I changed something else ( I think just the
17 screensaver) and it blanked the screen and became unreactive again.
18
19 Well I managed to disable it through the gui after it blanking and
20 restarting twice more, but I would like to know if anyone has any idea
21 what's causing it, or how I would find out.
22
23 --Mike S
24 --
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list