From: Steven Wagner <shwag@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: PPC 2004.0 test request
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:11:01
1 The 2004.0 cd doesn't boot on my G4 XServe. It stops when loading the
2 loop module, which is very early on in the boot process. But the
3 g3g4.iso on metadistribution loads on my XServe just fine.
6 Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > We are looking for user experiences with the 2004.0 release. Could you
10 > let us know if your machine is or isn't supported by the new release?
11 > I'm especially looking for 17inch powerbook users, Xserve users, ...
12 > We are aware that there is a kernel issue with nvidia cards locking up
13 > on /proc mount. Reports from machines who don't boot and which don't
14 > have an nvidia card are appreciated!
15 >
16 > Best regards,
17 >
18 > Pieter Van den Abeele