From: Calum Selkirk <cselkirk@g.o>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Re: The right CHOST?
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:52:55
1 * Tom Lund [tlund@×××××.com] [2002-09-13 11:16 -0500]:
2
3 > Can anyone tell me the significance of the CHOST line in
4 > /etc/make.conf. Is there a list of machine types that I should check?
5 > It's using a default "powerpc-unknown right now. I'm installing on an
6 > Old World machine and the bootstrap process is installing generic
7 > resources I don't need, i.e. usb.
8
9 CHOST="powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu is correct for OldWorld machines also
10 (this is more a pointer for compiler than of available hardware such as
11 USB).
12
13 As far as sys-apps/usbutils goes, you can unmerge and emerge inject so
14 as not to have it present on the specific machine but meet the
15 requirement of "system" (that is until we perhaps intoduce some other
16 way of handling this issue).
17
18 best
19