From: Matthew Polashek <matt@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Audio installation
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:11:11
Hi!

I've got the Powerbook 17" G4 1.5 Ghz model.  I think apple only one with that
monitor size and processor speed.  I got the Video upgrade to 128 and upgraded
the hard drive to 5400 rpm.

Crappy.  Is there a way to run audio apps safely on a PPC processor using Linux?
 There must be a way to do this, right?  I'm hoping to avoid going old school
like I did 4 years ago when I compiled the patches into my redhat 8 kernel on
i386.  I think it's easier with Gentoo to do that kind of work, but I need to
find a good resource for this.  Suggestions?

Anyway, what would you suggest I do to get stable audio on a PPC?

Thanks!
Matt

Matthew Polashek
matt@×××××××××.com