From: Matthew Polashek <matt@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Audio installation
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:11:11
1 Hi!
2
3 I've got the Powerbook 17" G4 1.5 Ghz model. I think apple only one with that
4 monitor size and processor speed. I got the Video upgrade to 128 and upgraded
5 the hard drive to 5400 rpm.
6
7 Crappy. Is there a way to run audio apps safely on a PPC processor using Linux?
8 There must be a way to do this, right? I'm hoping to avoid going old school
9 like I did 4 years ago when I compiled the patches into my redhat 8 kernel on
10 i386. I think it's easier with Gentoo to do that kind of work, but I need to
11 find a good resource for this. Suggestions?
12
13 Anyway, what would you suggest I do to get stable audio on a PPC?
14
15 Thanks!
16 Matt
17