From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:42:36
1 > The cause of the trouble seems to be pointed out by the line
2 > "dhcpcd[4718]: timed out waiting for a valid DHCP server response" (and
3 > there is indeed quite a delay at the stage "Running dhcpcd").
4 >
5 > But now what can I do to get this "valid DHCP server response"? There
6 > seems to be nothing about dhcp in the .config file: what then? does it
7 > suppose that I am already connected to the Net?
8
9 Yes. When you start eth0 with dhcp turned on, it does expect that there
10 is a connection since it's looking for the DHCP server. If you manually
11 set the IP, it will work with or without a connection.
12
13 -Joe
16 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list