From: Alden Huang <alden.huang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Using a projector with linuxppc
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:31:12
1 Theres a little plug on most recent iBooks and powerbooks that has the label
2 of a monitor : |O| except the O is a rectangle ...I wanted to use my PPC
3 linux laptop to give a presentation...and typically, if one were using a
4 powerbook with OSX you can simply plug the projector into that port and it
5 automagically works upon boot. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this
6 held true for an ibook on linux as well...im running it on a iBook4
7 G3...with the latest vanilla sources. its the white one and the first to
8 have 2 usb 1.1 ports. I imagine it should, seems hard-wired...but I just
9 wanted to be sure before I went to put on the show...
10
11 Also, is a wireless airport card the only card available? Does anyone know
12 any non-usb alternatives that are supported in linux and also physically fit
13 in an iBook?
14
15 And if anyone who has contributed to the Gentoo Linux project happens to
16 read this...I wanted to extend a big thank you for putting together the best
17 damned linux distro, or any os for that matter, out there for people to
18 enjoy...you're do an exceptional job.
19
20 Thanks.
21
22 Best,