From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo PPC User <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] BootX issues
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 18:19:53
Thanks to Wolf, I was able to get Stuffit Expander installed on my Mac. From
there, I was able to install BootX, since my system is OldWorld. Now, I copied
the vmlinux from the Gentoo PPC LiveCD to "Linux Kernels" in the System Folder.
When I try to select a ramdisk, it doesn't show the initrd.img.gz in the list of
files. I tried copying the file over to the desktop, and it still won't show up
in the list of files. I tried BootX 1.1.3, 1.2b1, and 1.2.3. I have the same
problem with all of them. I'm beginning to think that someone is trying to tell
me that Gentoo doesn't belong on this Mac :)

--
Andrew Gaffney