From: Lenroc <lenroc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: How to merge a package with no "ppc" flag set?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:13:04
1 On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:19:12 -0700, Lenroc wrote:
2 >> Is there any way for me to emerge the package and see how it works, or
3 >> should I just submit a bug asking for the "~ppc" flag to be added?
4
5 Stefan responded, off list:
6 | Arguably the most elegant way to do this is to insert a corresponding
7 | line in /etc/portage/package.keywords (create the file--and
8 | directory--if not present) to enable the ~x86 version for this package
9 | only. In your case, insert the following line:
10 |
11 | www-apps/mambo -* ~x86
12
13 That worked great, thanks Stefan!
14
15 I haven't tried 'running' it yet, but it emerged just fine.
18 Lenroc
22 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list