From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
To: "David Bélanger" <dbelan2@×××××××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] emerge world with ~ppc fails
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 02:05:44
1 At 16:46 -0400 on 2004-5-19 David Bélanger wrote:
2 >
3 > If I use the ~ppc keywords dependencies cannot be built for emerge
4 > world. From, my understanding, jdk 1.4 is not quite ready for ppc?
5 > If I cannot get it for ppc, is there anything I can do.
6
7 I have been using dev-java/ibm-jdk (1.4.1 is the current version),
8 which I find much better in terms of performance and stability than
9 the Blackdown variety. I did not have any problem in installing it
10 either, except for the JIT compiler that requires some configuration.
11 In all, I am quite happy with it and I do recommend it.
12
13 The only downside is the absence of a Mozilla plugin, so you will have
14 to keep a Blackdown install if you want such.
15
16 Stefan
19 If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
20 it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
21 --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
24 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list