From: Ruben <Ruben.Vandeginste@××××××××××××××.be>
To: Nicolas Vollmar <nv1@×××.ch>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problems with yaboot
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:51:03
1 > I'm trying to get Gentoo running on my iBook (G3 800MHz). I've partitioned
2 > the HDD with mac-fdisk from Gentoo LiveCD PPC 2004.0 and installed then MacOS
3 > X on /dev/hda8.
4 >
5 > I've installed Gentoo from stage1. So far I'm finished, but something with
6 > yaboot don't work. I've tried to configure manual and with yabootconfig but
7 > MacOS X is still booting (nothing from yaboot to see...).
8 >
9 > Can someone help me?
12 You probably have to reset the nvram(?), you can do so by booting up
13 your iBook while holding the Option + Command + p + r keys, untill you
14 hear it chime. Then it should be reset and boot from the bootloader
15 yaboot installed.
16
17 Just did this a couple of days ago on the exact same model as your
18 iBook.
19
20 Ruben
23 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list