From: Derek Greentree <derekgr@×××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] vnc
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 16:32:40
1 Hi all,
2 I've tried this with tightvnc and regular vnc ebuilds: I emerge
3 (tight)vnc, and after tweaking the font path settings, I got vncserver
4 to launch an actual Xvnc process that wouldn't die. However, I'm having
5 2 problems:
6 I'd like to use fluxbox, and if I put that in my .vnc/xstartup file,
7 if I start anything else in that file (like gkrellm or panel), the Xvnc
8 process will die. It has to be fluxbox, and only fluxbox.
9 Secondly, when I connect from another box using vncviewer (on
10 Windows), colors are all messed up, and things don't redraw properly. I
11 was wondering if anyone else had this problem. My machine's a pismo
12 Powerbook.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Derek Greentree