From: "Baeuerle
To: "'gentoo-ppc-user@g.o'" <gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Live CDfails to unmount
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:55:51
1 Hello,
2 I downloaded the live CD universal 2004.1. Using it on two different iMacs
3 (G3, 233 MHz and 500 MHz), I receive an error message whenn typing reboot or
4 shutdown. It always ends with "failed to unmount file systems".
5
6 The real problem is that when installing gentoo onto the hdd I have the same
7 trouble at the end of the installation process: when "umount"ing the
8 filesystems it does not do because "drive is busy". Continuation with "exit"
9 gives me a log-in window for the live CD, asking for log-in name and
10 password????
11
12 I saw this failure-to-unmount issue already elsewhere in the forums, it
13 seems that this happens more often, but no clear or general solution is in
14 place.
15
16 Can somebody advice??
17 Ralf