From: David Chamberlain <daybird@g.o>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Re: install guide and make.profile
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:55:58
1 Cal-s wrote:
4 >My guess is that this was written prior to portage 1.8.9.
5 >I think (and David can correct me) this now means make.profile being
6 >sym-linked to /usr/portage/defualt/defualt-ppc-1.0
7 >
8 Yep. I think I've installed gentoo on too many different machines, at
9 too many different times. I don't really know what's going on anymore ;-)
12 >OK we need better docs ;)
15 Agreed. Full install guide is in the works. Meanwhile I'm fixing this
16 in the current one (though I don't think any of the recent isos have had
17 this messed up, so no reason for anyone to change anything - I only put
18 it in because a couple of the early isos didn't do this right).
19
20 David