From: David Chamberlain <daybird@g.o>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Re: install guide and make.profile
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:55:58
Cal-s wrote:

> >My guess is that this was written prior to portage 1.8.9. >I think (and David can correct me) this now means make.profile being >sym-linked to /usr/portage/defualt/defualt-ppc-1.0 >
Yep. I think I've installed gentoo on too many different machines, at too many different times. I don't really know what's going on anymore ;-)
> >OK we need better docs ;) >
Agreed. Full install guide is in the works. Meanwhile I'm fixing this in the current one (though I don't think any of the recent isos have had this messed up, so no reason for anyone to change anything - I only put it in because a couple of the early isos didn't do this right). David