From: Y-Lan Boureau <blauenote@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] date and time set to April 1976
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:45:18
Ben Ricker <ben.ricker@×××××.com> a écrit : Note that this can als indicate that the Mobo battery that keeps the time synced when the power is off may be dead.

  No no, today we are April 14th, 1976, and four days ago was April 10th, 1976, so time is actually kept  :-)

 Thanks everyone, I'll try tonight as soon as I have my computer in front of me.

 Cheers,

 Y-Lan

But try the hwclock stuff first.

On 2/13/06,  Christophe Choumert <christophe.choumert@×××××××××××××.org> wrote: On Monday 13 February 2006 13:36, Y-Lan Boureau wrote:
> Does anyone know a fix to this -- either, how I could set correct time > and date in Open Firmware, or allow Linux to remember its own time and > date ?
The relevant option is in /etc/conf.d/clock : --- # If you want to set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time # during shutdown, then say "yes" here. CLOCK_SYSTOHC="yes" --- followed by % rc-update add clock boot to make sure it runs at boot and halt.
Cheers, Christophe PS: my MacOS X won't boot anymore either, I wish I knew why. -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list -- Ben Ricker He's just this guy, you know? --------------------------------- Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.