From: Nathan Sandver <nsandver@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] New install, problems
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:34:02
1 Hello,
2
3 I've just installed Gentoo on my 12" PowerBook using the universal
4 livecd and stage3 tarball. I decided to use the 2.6 kernel
5 (sys-kernel/ppc-development-sources) and an ext3 root filesystem. The
6 problem I'm having is that when I try to boot, the filesystem is
7 mounted read-only (which is normal for every distro I've ever used),
8 but the rc script tries to write to /dev/null before remounting the
9 filesystem read-write, which causes an error, and prevents the system
10 from booting. Should I reconfigure the bootloader not to pass the
11 read-only option to the kernel, or is there something else I've messed
12 up?
13
14 Thanks,
17 Nathan Sandver, KC7SQK