From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: Chris Gehlker <canyonrat@×××.com>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problem installing gentoo
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 18:48:00
1 2004.1 no longer needs 'modprobe sungem' or 'modprobe gmac'. Modules
2 are build into the kernel. You should be able to set your ip with
3 ifconfig (static ip) or dhcpcd.
4
5 Best regards,
6
7 Pieter Van den Abeele
8
9 On 01 May 2004, at 20:43, Chris Gehlker wrote:
10
11 > I'm trying to install Gentoo on a Dual G4 and an iBook using the
12 > Minimal LiveCD. The problem is that I can't get a network connection
13 > from the LiveCD. What's got me stumped is that the right drivers don't
14 > appear to be anywhere on the CD. Checking Yellow Dog, the G4 needs a
15 > sungem driver and the iBook needs a gmac.
16 >
17 > It hard for me to believe that the LiveCD doesn't support such common
18 > machines. What am I missing?
21 > --
22 > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list
27 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list