From: John Gilger <bjgilger@×××.net>
To: typhoon <typhoon@××××××××××××××.net>, gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Configuring X for Ti PowerBook
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 05:13:43
1 typhoon wrote:
2
3 >Not to discourage you but the ati rage 128 video card is a pain to get
4 >working. I have an ibook with it and it's really frustrating me. It is
5 >possible to do though as I had it working before with a 2.4 kernel.
6 >Maybe it's just a problem with the 2.6 kernel.
7 >
8 >--Chris
11 About a year ago I had Debian running on it (2.4-benh kernel), but I
12 didn't think to save the config file before I tried to upgrade my OSX
13 partition to Panther. OSX blew away all my partitions and files so it
14 could start on a clean drive :(
15
16 Now, I'm just running Gentoo -- make that trying to run Gentoo <LOL>
17
18 --John
19
20 >-----Original Message-----
21 >From: John Gilger [mailto:bjgilger@×××.net]
22 >Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 9:57 PM
23 >To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
24 >Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Configuring X for Ti PowerBook
25 >
26 >I resolved my yaboot problem, thanks :)
27 >
28 >Now I am trying to configure X. The Xeasyconfig doesn't work.
29 >
30 >Does anyone have a working Xconfig file for a Ti PowerBook (2001?) with
31 >an ATI Rage 128 video card? that they could share?
32 >
33 >TIA
34 >
35 >--John