From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Cc: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: David Abbott (dabbott)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:13:45
Robert Buchholz wrote:

> > * The chronology title should show that it is a chronology of early > Gentoo history. Reading it today it seems to say "nothing happened in > Gentoo since 2002" > > * The "introduction" could give a little more background. The important > thing here is that Gentoo is turning 10. For the last ten years, we're > committed to bringing an cutting edge source based distro to users that > need more flexibility than binary packages can give them. > How the exact date of celebration was agreed on should be secondary in > there IMO. >
Thanks Robert, What about; Introduction Gentoo is turning 10. For the last ten years, Gentoo has been committed to bringing the cutting edge source based distro to users that need more flexibility than binary packages can give them. With a vibrant community and over 300 developers, much has been accomplished since the beginning. The anniversary date of 1999-10-04 was decided on by a couple of key dates in Gentoo's history. The name Enoch was changed to Gentoo and the domain name gentoo.org was registered. The founder of Gentoo Daniel Robbins, gives us this chronology. -david