From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] 0-day ebuilds
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:01:19
On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 12:47:07AM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> I'm thinking it might be fun to start publicizing when we get ebuilds of > major packages into Portage the same day (within 24 hours, same calendar > day, whatever metric you choose) as the package is released upstream. We > could put a news item on the homepage and something in the GWN.
Sounds fun to me; it's not that important to have those listed also on the same day, is it? I mean, it's not difficult to find out what major packages were released within 24h afterwards (just skim through the forums :) but having this information available the next second might pose some difficulties. How would you receive the necessary information? From the packager himself?
> I'd also like to hear some ideas on how to publicize our other > strengths.
We might want to have our strengths documented clearly (but concise) somewhere. The "About Gentoo" page is a good location (recently updated with Gentoo history). Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation & PR project leader The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>