From: widyachacra <widyachacra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Does our TSHIRT breake the Logo Usage Guideline?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 15:03:06
Dear SvenV,

i think gentoo foundation's current name/logo guidelines need some
modifications to apply.

note: when v r moving on de road we can see lot of caps,t-shirts,etc...
named with "Nike" name, so why gentoo? i think its a good advertising method
us to promote Gentoo among others...(this is my opinieon).

On 11/6/05, Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin <peach@××××××××.it> wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 21:47:11 +0100 > Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote: > > > The current name/logo guidelines don't seem to allow much use of the > Gentoo > > "g" logo. The main idea here is to only allow use of the Gentoo "g" logo > for > > Gentoo stuff. > > Thank you Sven for the quick answer, > but this is not the first time I hear this problem. All We want to do - as > Gentoo Channel Italia - is cooperating with the Gentoo Foundation. > What me and deadhead forgot to say in the previous mails is that the money > gained from the t-shirts sold has been used to cover the printing costs, > while the remaining has always been donated to the Foundation. I don't think > this is much different from the use that makes Gentoo Store. > I do think that if Gentoo Foundation doesen't allow such a use of the > gentoo logo, harms itself in a way, just because the only thing a "gentooer" > wants to buy is Gentoo-related things, and in my opinion something with a > °G° on it is "gentoo stuff" as you said. Indirectly this seems to mean that > we are not "Gentoo related". This is nothing but merchandising. > So what do we need? A Certificate that states we are allowed to sell > Gentoo stuff? I'm really disappointed by this situation and I want to > underline what you wrote: > > The Foundation does need to fine-tune the entire idea about the logo > though, > > either broadening the use of the logo, or having a community-logo, or > ... > it seems like the Foundation doesen't want to cooperate world-wide with > all who wants to help it. This makes things really hard. > > I must repeat that no money involved in our merchandising stuff has been > used for other things than printing and donating to the Foundation. > > We want to get involved. As I said in my previous mail, I'd be really > proud of letting my posters be selled on gentoo store, but it seems like a > someone else's problem. > > I hope this will not end it here and that the Foundation will be > interested in solving it. > > Best regards, > > -- > Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin > > ICQ UIN = 71110111 > Web Site = http://www.smartart.it > GPG key = http://www.smartart.it/temp/peach.asc > Key fingerprint = C882 C029 540F 0EA3 5318 D2C3 1E4C 8167 0055 105D > > >
-- --- THERUWAN SARANAY! - widyachacra -