From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Gentoo handouts
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:00:10
1 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Hi all
3 >
4 > I've quickly made two handouts. The first one is based on our about page,
5 > the second one is more personal :)
6 >
7 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/pr/aboutgentoo-1.pdf
8
9 s/healty/healthy/
10 s/--/­-/ (long dash) or at least, don't let -- be hyphened.
11 emerge packagename : <cursive>packagename</cursive>
12 s/Gentoo has an extensive documentation/Gentoo has extensive documentation/
13
14 It looks a bit crammed when printed. Maybe a slight increase of letter spacing
15 could help?
16 Maybe you should align headers and text.
17 How does it look with justified text?
18
19 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/pr/aboutgentoo-2.pdf
20
21 What's the point of '"cow" doesn't always mean female' ?
22 Cow does not always mean bovine either.
23 If it's humour, it does not work.
24 page 1 has www@g.o, use it here as well.
25 "We produce Gentoo, a top-notch Linux distribution" (Add Linux)
26 s/wether your/whether you are/ (maybe a wether would get along with Larry ;-))
27 s/solutions/solution/ (searching for a....solution)
28 s/testing ,/testting,/
29 Again, I would try to align headers with the text and justify it.
30
31 IMHO, blue text should not use same blue as links, or no blue at all.
32
33 Linux should be followed by tm and Linus' trademark should be acknowledged.
34 Could you copy the scribus files to your dev space?
35
36 Just 2% of whichever currency in turbo mode, gotta go, maybe more later.
37
38 Cheers,
39 --
40 / Xavier Neys