From: Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin <peach@××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Does our TSHIRT breake the Logo Usage Guideline?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:00:00
On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:32:04 +0100
Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:

> I agree. I'd like to have something like the following integrated in the > Gentoo Logo Guidelines: > > """ > The Gentoo Foundation, Inc. grant Gentoo community sites, projects and > groups the right to use a clearly modified version of the Gentoo "g" logo as > the logo that uniquely identifies themselves from the other communities. > """ > > This way, modifications of the Gentoo "g" logo are allowed for communities > and such, while the official, unmodified "g" logo remains Gentoo's. > > Wkr, > Sven Vermeulen >
There's a great appointment for the Italian community on 26th of this month, the Gentoo Day. I think we must find a solution, and partially we did, because we're running out of time. The only doubt that remains is if even the "gentoo" text as written in the header of our site (http://www.gechi.it) breaks the gentoo guidelines, in other words if the "gentoo" text written with _that font_ is part of the gentoo logo (really similar to the one used on the gentoo site, but with a freefont as long as I've inspected). Last, I wanted to donate some of my artworks, for printing purposes (posters I've already linked here, if you want I can reply) to the Gentoo Foundation, and let them be selled on gentoo store, what to do in this case? And what -if this happens (I hope so)- if we want to sell them too? By the way, I really hope the modifications you suggested will be soon applied, I appreciate this. for now, thanks for your time, -- Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin ICQ UIN = 71110111 Web Site = http://www.smartart.it GPG key = http://www.smartart.it/temp/peach.asc Key fingerprint = C882 C029 540F 0EA3 5318 D2C3 1E4C 8167 0055 105D